Monday, August 31, 2009

It's all a little surreal

Here I am in Mumbai, India, on day number 2 which I have apparently decided to start at 5 am. Yay for time changes!

I arrived in Mumbai the day before yesterday around 11 p.m. sans checked luggage. I had essentials in my backpack, but only a few items of clothing. Luckily for me there are quite a few international students here at the Tata Institute who have offered to let me borrow additional clothing, a towel, and other items that I currently do not have.

This week serves as somewhat of an orientation to the city and field placement so it is pretty slow with a just a few things to do each day. I'm looking forward to traveling to my field placement later this week and finding out more information as to what I will be doing for the majority of my stay in this city. For now I will enjoy the time I have because I'm sure things will get busy soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robyn. Hope you have a healthy, happy and safe time, learn a lot and help some too. "We're not in Kansas any more Toto." "There's no place like home." Keep on blogging. It's great to hear from you. Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete